Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and while there are a lot of cool ways to win over your loved one, cool technology tools and technology services will always make you out to be a winner. Here are 5 cool things to consider giving your significant other for Valentine’s Day.
- COIN: For those of you who have back problems or pains from carrying around a stack of credit cards, Coin is just for you. It is an electronic credit card, that works exactly like a credit card, except it holds all your credit cards in its memory. When making a purchase, you choose the card you want on the Coin, and slide it just like a credit card. While you can only pre-order this right now, you will no doubt make some emotional wins with this one.
- Fitness Devices: There are loads of wearable fitness technology like the Fitbit and the UP System. These devices look like wrist bands and they record your health stats and then wirelessly sync these stats to your phone so you can make better health decisions. Wearable tech is going to be a huge part of the future of technology and this is a practical start to something that can really help one’s health. Your significant other has to appreciate that!
- Tile: No I am not talking about replacing that aging kitchen floor. Tile, as they call it is, “The World’s Largest Lost and Found.” Tile is a small device that you attach to anything that you don’t want to lose. There is an associated App for your smart phone that the device reports to. If you lose a device, you tell the app that the device is lost, and then the device starts broadcasting. The cool thing is that when an individual that uses the App comes near the device, the app sees the missing device and alerts you of its location. So you basically have thousands and thousands of people looking for your lost item. This is another item that will be available this summer but you can pre-order now. If your significant other is prone to losing things, this is the thing for them.
- Cocoon: Sometimes the coolest tech gadgets are the simplest ones. I have had one of the cocoon products for over a year and love it. It takes all those accessories that are sitting in a laptop bag or even a large purse, and allows you to quickly organize them on a pattern of straps. Your accessories all stay compact and vertical so that your laptop bag does not bulge end up with things piling up at the bottom of your bag.
- Google ChromeCast – Another simple technology device that plugs into the HDMI port on your TV. Once installed you can stream a plethora of media from your computer or phone to your TV. There are an expanding number of Apps that increase the use for this small device. Google opened up development to third parties this week to third parties which means loads of new apps and functionality are on the horizon.
While flowers and chocolates will never hurt, you could take this Valentine’s day to a whole new level with cool tech gadgets and technology that make your significant other: fitter, more organized, and more productive. Have a Happy Valentine’s Day from JMARK!