I was talking to one of our brilliant technicians today and I asked how I.T. Consulting things were going. He told me about a major mess of a project he was working on to clean-up the infrastructure of a client. He jokingly called himself the “turd-cleaner.” Amusing, but untangling messes in technology and making “turd” networks more efficient and secure, is something we do very well, and something we pride ourselves in doing. Technology is not just a vehicle to an end, it is a way of thinking and operating businesses to make them more successful.
To me, a mess of technology is when I cannot do my job. When I cannot send an email, or browse to a website I need to get to, or if my Internet speed is weak, or a program on my computer will not open; then it is a mess that prevents me from helping other people. People within our company, and the people we serve – our clients, possibly even YOU! If you are anything like me, then you probably get a little grouchy when this happens. People are really what technology is about: enlarging lives, helping business operate better, increasing profits, expanding markets, securing critical information, and reaching new customers… or in other words, helping people.
What is your technology mess?
We all have technology messes in our lives, here are a few things we hear from prospective customers:
- “I’m worried that my data is not secure.”
- “I’m worried that my business is not in compliance with industry and government regulations.”
- “I don’t know how to take advantage of the 1-to-1 initiative in our school.”
- “Our wireless is spotty and slow.”
- “Our applications are always disconnecting.”
- “We are out of storage space.”
- “Our current I.T. Consulting is hard to reach.”
- “I need advice on new trends and how it effects my business.”
- “I need to secure all the employee devices that come into our company.”
- “Our server is 5 years old and I am not sure what we need.”
- “We need remote access that is more reliable.”
- “Our Internet is slow.”
- “Our server room looks like a tornado went through it.”
- “Our medical practice needs better mobility.”
- “I need a secure way to transfer sensitive information from my accounting firm to our clients.”
- “My computers all have Windows XP and we need a plan to get onto better hardware.”
- “What is the cloud?”
- “If my business had a fire or theft, we would be done, help!”
- “What is the best backup for my business?”
- “I need a business continuity plan.”
- “Our I.T. Support guy is leaving and we have no idea what to do.”
- “I’m tired of managing technology people, how can you help?”
- “I’m tired of buying computers and servers, and infrastructure, is there a better option to help decrease my capital expenditures?”
- “What is new in telecommunications that could help my company collaborate and communicate better?”
I could go on and on, but the point is that everyone has their own mess. I’m sure you have some technology mess that you would like to solve as well. We are barely into 2014, now is the time to set ourselves, our staff, and our businesses up for success. Lets make this a “No Turd” year! This is what JMARK is here for. Give us a call to learn how we can untangle your mess and help you create better success for your business, your employees, and your customers.