Now and then you hear of a company that has fallen victim to a data security breach. When such an incident occurs, IT systems experience downtime, vital client data gets exposed, the identities of the clients get compromised, and worse— their sensitive information gets auctioned or sold to malicious cybercriminals on the dark web. Sometimes, the companies that experience such breaches take such a hard hit that they are unable to recover. However, you can avoid such a scenario by having a managed services provider (MSP) in Tulsa to back up your data.
Considering that the cost of fixing a single IT breach has risen up to 29%. No company can afford to disregard the benefits of securing their sensitive information.
Why Do You Need to Back Up Your Data And Implement Disaster Recovery Measures?
In 2015, a survey of over 400 mid-sized to large companies conducted by IHS, a global information firm, on its clients from North America concerning their ICT history and trends on downtimes produced the following discoveries:
- On average, the companies suffered at least five network downtimes on a monthly basis
- Mid-sized (100 to 1000 employees) companies incurred costs of $1 million a year as a result
- Large enterprises with over 10,000 employees incurred downtime costs of up to $60 million
- The companies suffered a drop of 78% in their productivity
- On average, revenues dipped by about 17%
- Fixing the downtime issues cost them an additional 5%
These are but a few basic examples of the various costs associated with unexpected network downtimes. However, data loss resulting from viruses, such as ransomware and security breaches, is on the rise. According to findings published by the Ponemon Institute in 2016, the average cost to a business for every file that gets compromised is about $221. By having data backup and disaster recovery plans from a managed services provider in Tulsa, you can mitigate the above costs.
Securing Your Business’s Network and Data Via Cloud-Based Monitoring
Investing in security measures in a bid to prevent a breach that may never occur may seem like a costly endeavor. However, cloud-based monitoring is a cost-effective solution that guarantees around-the-clock data security. With cloud-based monitoring, your business stands to benefit from:
- All devices on your network getting the latest security patch updates without causing any downtime
- Detection of any suspicious activity and prevention of intrusions via 24/7 network monitoring
- Your employees mobile devices also get monitored and managed via the cloud
- Access to data is strictly restricted to authorized personnel only
- Data transfer is highly encrypted, and the data goes through highly secured data centers
- 24/7 data security for your business
Cloud data backup utilizes cloud-based data centers that are highly secured against data losses resulting from security breaches or natural disasters. Hence, you can rest easy knowing your sensitive data is in good hands.
Including data backup and disaster recovery ensures your data gets secured from loss by malicious hackers or natural disasters. Hence, if you need a reliable managed services provider in Tulsa, contact us at JMARK Business Solutions, Inc and let us secure your data on the cloud.