There are few organization that are more concerned about security and reliability then financial institutions. After all, they are dealing with the life-blood of what the world runs on, money. Downtime means people might not have access to the means to get gas, pay their mortgage, get needed medicine, or a multitude of other things. Companies potentially would not be able to pay employees and provide needed services to their customers if their banks technology was down at the wrong time. The reciprocating effects of technology or security problems for a bank or financial institution can be far reaching and costly.
Financial institutions are fully aware of the benefits… and dangers of technology. They do not hand over the I.T. Support keys very easily. In more than 15 years of working with I.T. Service organizations, I have seen very few providers that were able or willing to take on the risks of managing a bank or other financial institution’s I.T. infrastructure.
Here are 5 things that a bank or other financial institutions should be thinking about before outsourcing their I.T. Support:
- Known Reputation – If you are going to trust your bank to an I.T. Services company, you want to do it with a company that has a successful track record of dealing banks. Below you can receive a case study from the Bank of Bolivar, which is one of numerous banks that JMARK has supported for many years.
- Compliance Expertise – If you know the angst of seeing a 150 page compliance audit appear your desk, then you know fear and the depth of questions that accompany them. JMARK is intimately familiar with compliance regulations and audits. A week does not go by that we are not helping a bank with a banking audit.
- Security Focus – The network infrastructure of a bank has to be rock solid. No bank wants to ever have to worry about getting hacked. JMARK uses hardened technology and software, and has critical expertise that the majority of I.T. support companies lack.
- Familiarity with Internal Software – Banks don’t want to have to educate an I.T. Support company on all the software that they use, and how it works. It is good thing that JMARK has a team of people dedicated to financial institutions that are familiar with all the technology and software applications of banks and knows how it all works.
- 24 X 7 Monitoring – “Banking Hours” does not apply to the technology of a bank or other financial institution. We have millions of dollars in monitoring technology that make sure we know of problems at any time of the day or night and can take corrective action.
Additionally, all types of businesses prefer to concentrate with their given expertise and to not spend time and energy managing geeks, technology certifications, and keeping up on the ongoing technology and compliance changes that are always occurring.
All these reasons are why many banks and financial institutions are choosing JMARK for outsourced I.T. Support services. To download a case study from the Bank of Bolivar please click here to send an email requesting the case study. You will promptly receive the case study in your inbox.